Dr. Larry Mulvaney is a renowned dental professional that focuses on advanced dental treatments for adults. He is friendly, personable and always takes extra time to make his patients comfortable to ensure their visits are stress-free. These are just a few of the reasons why he’s frequently recommended by patients.
A graduate from the University of Illinois dental school, he completed his periodontal externship at Northwestern Dental School and received his Masters of Business Administration from Keller Graduate School. He graduated from the MISCH International Implant Prosthetic Program and New York University two-year Implant and Prosthetic Program. He also completed the one-year advanced implant surgery and anesthesiology program at the University of Puerto Rico. Additionally, Dr. Mulvaney one of the 14 Kois Course Graduates in Illinois and the 444 across the U.S. The Kois Course is an intensive curriculum involving aesthetic, occlusion and restorative dentistry.
Because of his extensive training, Dr. Larry Mulvaney can perform multiple procedures in a single visit using conscious sedation or IV sedation. While most dentists aren’t certified to facilitate IV sedation, Dr. Mulvaney is one of the few who can. This practice helps lower a patient’s stress level by making them relax and put them into a deep sleep during more involved procedures. Dr. Mulvaney has regularly worked with dental implants and is an authority on bone grafting, which is instrumental to ensuring the success of a dental implant. He is dedicated to improving his skills through ongoing training and education so Northwestern Dental Group patients have access to the newest technologies and he has lectured at industry events discussing implant related procedures. Dr. Mulvaney is a member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, Chicago Dental Association, Illinois Dental Association and a general member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. In addition, he is one of only 156 Fellows of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists in Illinois, as well as one of only 55 members of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiologists in Illinois.
DR. MULVANEY’S CREDENTIALS AND MEMBERSHIPS INCLUDE:
• Chicago Dental Association
• Illinois State Dental Association
• American Dental Association
• Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
• American Dental Society of Anesthesiologists
• Graduate, University of Illinois Dental School 1987
• Graduate, MISCH International Implant Prosthetic Program
• Graduate, Kois Prosthetic Program
• Graduate, 2-Year NYU Implant & Prosthetic Program 2011
• Graduate, University of Puerto Rico 1-Year Clinical Residency in Implant Dentistry Mastership & Anesthesiology Program
• Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
• American Academy of Implant Dentistry